What is the world like this week:
- 5% of Americans use Twitter
- Hulu is still bummed on non-Americans
- Mobile web use has triple digit growth
- Facebook is still one-way?
- bit.ly is the new short URL darling – yay for more tracking features
- Rogers & Fido (same company) have hooked up with Twitter in Canada. Only Telus users are left out in the cold …
- Ning has an app platform (a la Facebook Platform and Google’s OpenSocial)
Some longer notes/recommended articles:
- “The Future of Advertising is Shakable and location based” RWW
This article shows off Dockers’ iPhone ad that asks users to shake their phones to trigger the ad’s animation. Also gets into a location based campaign by “I Love You Man” the movie.
- “Firefox Could Be the Real Facebook Challenger” RWW
This article explores how another web-based network/aggregate site may not be the social network ruler of the future. Firefox has somewhere around 300 million+ users, compared to Facebook’s paltry 200 million. I’m addicted to anytool that lets me work within Firefox, since I am always on it anyway. i.e. Tweetbin
- “Two Easy Ways to Track Social Networks in Google Analytics” eConsultancy
Anything that lets us send numbers and charts to supervisors is a helpful hand.
- Case Study: “Arby’s uses mobile coupons to generate buzz for new Roastburger” Mobile Marketer
Adding this to my portfolio of cool things happening with mobile marketing.